701 W. Market Street
Phone: 215-453-7653 1174
< Back to My Blog
April 26, 2016 12:30 am
Earth Day began 46 years ago as a means to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth’s natural environment. Housing plays an important role in this mission, because many of our boots-on-the-ground green efforts happen in the home.
In honor of Earth Day, we’ve compiled these housing facts, relating to the environment and energy, from the Census Bureau. Enjoy!
1. 620,000 single-family homes were built in 2014.
2. The median size of the single-family homes built was 2,453 square feet.
3. 282,000 single-family homes built in 2014 had 4 or more bedrooms.
4. 64,000 single-family homes built in 2014 had 2 or fewer bedrooms.
5. Ninety-one percent of single-family homes built in 2014 had air conditioning.
6. The average sale price of a new single-family home sold in 2014 was $345,800.
7. 11,000 multifamily buildings were constructed in 2014.
8. 56,800,000—or 48.8 percent of—occupied housing units were primarily heated by utility gas in 2014.
9. 2,500,000—or 2.1 percent of—occupied housing units were primarily heated by wood in 2014.
10. 59,558—or less than 1 percent of—occupied housing units were primarily heated by solar energy in 2014.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Copyright© 2017 by eWebEngine - A Division of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated
RE/MAX 440, PA