701 W. Market Street
Phone: 215-453-7653 1174
< Back to My Blog
September 28, 2016 2:27 am
Next time you’re in the city, look up—rooftops have become the hot new entertaining space for not only restaurants and bars, but also urban dwellings. Offering great views and fresh air, the roof transforms an otherwise cramped gathering into a unique outdoor festivity.
Next time you take the party to the top, be a good neighbor by following these etiquette tips from Instrata Lifestyle Residences Concierge Caitlin Porpora:
1. Know your building’s rules. Before having a rooftop gathering, be sure to contact the building manager to make sure you’re up to speed on rules and regulations.
2. If you’re entertaining a large group, be considerate of your neighbors. Take turns using common amenities like grills and lounge chairs, clean up after yourselves, and keep the noise levels reasonable.
3. Invite neighbors to join the party. If you’re worried your event might irk other residents, invite them to join in the festivities. Even if they decline, the invitation invokes good will and increased tolerance.
4. No breakables, please. Even the trendiest hotels in New York City use only plastic glasses at their rooftop bars. Follow suit and avoid any accidents that could arise from broken glass or ceramics.
5. Consider the smell factor. Avoid cooking anything that will cause strong, unpleasant odors, or that might create a lot of smoke while on the grill.
6. Don’t make a scene. Rooftops are usually shared spaces so keep your party under control—you don’t want to become the talk of the building.
7. Limit cell phone use. If you have to make a call, keep it brief and quiet.
8. Don’t be a party crasher. Some buildings require residents to rent out the space for a nominal fee. If you haven’t been invited, but would like to use the roof deck, as well, politely approach the host to see if you can join in.
Source: Instrata Lifestyle Residences
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Copyright© 2017 by eWebEngine - A Division of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated
RE/MAX 440, PA